The Update on Special Needs Planning Seminar was held on Wednesday, June 26, 2019, in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and Thursday, June 27, 2019, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The seminar was hosted at the DoubleTree Hilton and New Mexico CPA Society from 3:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m.
- John L. Attwood, First American Bank, Vice President
- Heather R. Benavidez, ABLE New Mexico Liaison Officer, New Mexico State Treasurer’s Office
- Denise V. Balderas, ABLE New Mexico Coordinator, New Mexico State Treasurer’s Office
- Nell Graham Sale, Partner of Pregenzer, Baysinger, Wideman & Sale, PC
- Margaret “Peggy” Graham, Partner of Pregenzer, Baysinger, Wideman & Sale, PC
- Sara R. Traub, attorney with Pregenzer, Baysinger, Wideman & Sale, PC
- Bridget L. Mullins, attorney with Pregenzer, Baysinger, Wideman & Sale, PC
- Daniel J. Monte, attorney with Pregenzer, Baysinger, Wideman & Sale, PC
- Types of accounts for people with disabilities
- Government benefits
- Special needs trusts
- Pooled trusts
- How to set up a New Mexico ABLE account
- Benefits of 2017 Tax Act
- Powers of Attorney
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- 2019 Update on Special Needs Planning
- PowerPoint Presentation
- What is ABLE New Mexico?
- ABLE New Mexico – Create an Account
- ABLE Account, Special Needs and Pooled Trust Comparison Chart
- Special Needs Pooled Trusts
- Wealth Management
Thank you to New Mexico Treasurer, Tim Eichenberg, and ABLE Liaison Officer, Heather Benavidez, for helping bring ABLE Accounts to New Mexico!
We experienced audio difficulty for the first 34 minutes of the 2019 conference (1st video below). We apologize for any inconvenience. You may also view the conference on our YouTube channel here and the 2018 conference in the 2nd video below.