Why do I need an estate plan?
Estate planning protects you, your family, and your assets in the event of a permanent disability or death. Planning your estate is about caring for your loved ones, seeing they are provided for, and making sure your hard-earned property is distributed according to your wishes.
The single best gift you can give your family is a well-organized estate plan. Think about it. Without an estate plan you leave these important decisions to others.
Your estate consists of all your property, including:
- your home and other real estate
- tangible personal property such as cars and furniture, and
- intangible property like insurance, bank accounts, stocks, and pension and social security benefits.
Our attorneys excel at crafting the best estate planning strategy for estates large and small. Drawing upon our experience in trust and will litigation, we work closely with you to develop a secure plan that is tailored to your unique goals, and that will avoid problems after your death.
Some estate planning tools we utilize include:
- Healthcare Directive (“Living Wills”)
- Financial Powers of Attorney
- Healthcare Powers of Attorney
- Beneficiary designations
You are never too young or too old to develop a smart, personalized estate plan that will protect your family, your property, and your legacy. Do not wait any longer – contact one of our attorneys today to schedule an evaluation.